Innovative Strategies for Serving Individuals with Limited English Proficiency Resources
Led by Heide Wrigley, a nationally recognized expert in workforce preparation for high and low skilled adult English learners (ELs), the "Innovative Strategies for Serving Individuals with Limited English Proficiency" peer learning conference call provided grantees an opportunity to discuss the different strategies that they utilize when serving individuals with limited English.
The resources compiled in this document identify best practices and strategies to develop social communication skills, create an open cross-cultural perspective in the classroom, and leverage ambassador groups to support TechHire participants with limited English proficiency.
- Cultural Adjustment, Mental Health, and ES
- Preparing English Learners for Work and Career Pathways: Companion Learning Resource
- Immigrant Integration Framework
- Upskilling the New American Workforce: Demand-Driven Programs that Foster Immigrant Worker Success and Policies that Can Take them to Scale
- The What Works Study: Instruction, Literacy and Language Learning for Adult ESL Literacy Students
- Trauma and the Adult English Language Learner
- Farther, Faster: Six Promising Programs to Help Basic Skills Students Earn Credentials that Matte