H-1B TechHire Grantee Convening 2017- Washington, D.C.
Wednesday, July 26, 2017
8:00 AM ~ 4:30 AM ET
We are excited to announce that the H-1B TechHire (TechHire) Partnership grants are invited to attend the national TechHire Grantee Convening (Grantee Convening) on Tuesday, July 25 – Wednesday, July 26 in Washington, D.C.
The TechHire Grantee Convening will bring together TechHire grantees, National and Regional Employment and Training Administration (ETA) staff, experienced technical assistance coaches and subject matter experts to provide comprehensive high-quality technical assistance, materials, presentations, shared learning experiences, and hands-on demonstrations to support the implementation and administration of the H-1B TechHire grant program.
Day 1: 7:45am – 4:30pm
Day 2: 8:30am – 3:30pm
The key objectives of the convening include:
The H-1B TechHire convening will provide technical assistance and training for grantees to:
- Deliver programmatic technical assistance to support grantee efforts in recruiting, serving, training, and placing: youth and young adults ages 17-29 with barriers to employment, as well as individuals with criminal records, individuals with limited English proficiency, and individuals with disabilities with barriers to employment in high-growth H-1B occupations;
- Offer training on important grants management policies and procedures;
- Provide training on participant data collection and ETA reporting requirements; and
- Foster peer-to-peer knowledge exchange to share promising practices amongst grantees
A few important reminders:
- This grantee convening is aimed primarily at program directors/managers and staff. It is not intended for signatories and/or fiscal representatives.
- Please identify two individuals per grant program to attend the convening. Unfortunately, the event organizers cannot accommodate additional attendees.
- The conference will provide extensive opportunities to engage with fellow grantees. Please come ready to engage and share your ideas, challenges, and successes!
- Please Note: Food and beverages will not be provided during the convening. Select breakfast items and coffee can be purchased at the DOL cafeteria on the 6th floor. Lunch is on your own, and space will be set aside on the 6th floor cafeteria for grantees to sit together.
- Please dress for all seasons to allow for a range of temperatures while inside the DOL Frances Perkins Building.
See Related Content for:
1. TechHire Grantee Convening Information
2. TechHire Grantee Convening FINAL Agenda
3. TechHire Grantee Convening Breakout Session Rooms
4. TechHire Grantee Convening – Featured Speakers Bio