The goals of the Virtual Institute are to:
- Highlight effective TechHire grant models in critical topical areas: training completion, retention, placement, and sustainability;
- Address specific grantee program design challenges through in-depth and targeted peer-to-peer consultations; and
- Help grantees form a plan to reach outcomes and get across the finish line.
VIRTUAL INSTITUTE INFORMATION
The Institute will include an opening and closing plenary, 3 large group sessions, and 2 opportunities for targeted small group sessions (of which grantees will be invited separately). Please hold these dates and times until calendar invitations are sent:
- Monday, September 9th, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. EST
- Tuesday, September 10th, 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. EST
- Wednesday, September 11th, 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. EST
- Thursday, September 12th, 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. EST
- Monday, September 16th, 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. EST
- Tuesday, September 17th, 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. EST
- Closing Plenary – Wednesday, September 18th, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. EST
Host: The U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration, Office of Workforce Investment, Division of Strategic InvestmentsInvitees: H-1B grant program staff, (including training and service providers) is invited to participate, including but not limited to: program managers, case managers, faculty staff, career coaches and navigators, and administrators.